Pages

12 April 2013

It's been a hard week

It's been a hard week. There have been tears - mostly mine.

I've been poorly and it seems as though you have been testing me, pushing me to see how far you can go. I snapped on Wednesday morning.

You tipped almost an entire cartoon of milk over the coffee table and carpet in the front room. You wanted a drink of milk and wouldn't wait for me to finish what I was doing. I didn't get to you in time to stop you and there was milk everywhere. I burst into tears and so did you when you saw how upset I was. I'm not too proud to admit that I had a little meltdown. Illness and naughty toddlers do not mix!
Thankfully Grandma was on hand to rescue us and I was laughing as I told the story to your Aunties a little while later.

That night, as I put you to bed, you grabbed my face and kissed it all over (including my glasses). I thought my heart would burst with love for you in that moment. Now I was crying happy tears.
These moments are what parenting is all about. The naughty Harry/cross Mummy moments, although frequent, are almost always immediately forgotten. But these moments of pure love, where you make me feel like the most important person in the world - these moments will be forever remembered.


I love you all the numbers Harry x

No comments:

Post a Comment